Aldersgate Men

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Man's Testimony About Man

In John 2:24-25, John notes that Jesus did not need man's testimony about man:
But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all men. He did not need man's testimony about man, for he knew what was in a man.

One of the most powerful things we can do as men is share our testimony with another man. I believe it is that life-on-life ministry that drives the power of Christ's church on this earth.

But I'll be honest too often my testimony is about man, not about Him and His Spirit. Also in today's reading:
The Spirit links Himself with us in our praying and pours His supplication into our own. We may master the technique of prayer and understand its philosophy; we may have unlimited confidence in the veracity and validity of the promises concerning prayer. We may plead them earnestly. But if we ignore the part played by the Holy Spirit, we have failed to use the master key.
--J. Oswald Sanders

Guilty as charged. Again. From now on my testimony will focus on Him and His Spirit, but mostly I will take time today to pray, and to make sure I'm not ignoring His Spirit:
The great people of the earth today are the people who pray. I do not mean those who talk about prayer; not those who can explain about prayer, but I mean those people who take time and pray. They have not the time. It must be taken from something else. This something else is important- very important and pressing, but still less important and less pressing than prayer.
--S.D. Gordon
Thank goodness He knows my weaknesses, my failures, my faults.. and most importantly my desire to follow Him.

1 Comments:

Blogger FishrCutB8 said...

Thanks, Papa Behr!

This reminds me of a quote I heard many years ago. I don't know where, or who said it, but it was by someone impressive and very busy (I'm thinking Martin Luther King). He said, in effect, "Yes, I am busy. In fact, today I am going to be so busy, I will get up and pray for four hours."

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home